About the Event
Learn about the benefits of becoming an Estonian e-Resident in this casual talk and Q&A with Estonia’s CIO and head of the e-Residency program council Taavi Kotka.
Snacks and beer will be served.
What is e-Residency?
In December 2014 Estonia, a member of the European Union, became the first country in the world to offer e-Residency to any foreigner interested in using the country’s advanced digital public services to do business from anywhere. This status would allow, say, an Indian entrepreneur to establish an Estonian company that he runs from Singapore to serve clients based in the UK. He’d also be able to use his electronic signature to sign contracts with customers throughout the EU. All done online, remotely, hassle-free.
About Taavi Kotka
Taavi Kotka is the Estonian government’s chief information officer and head of the country’s e-Residency program council. In 2011, he was declared Entrepreneur of the Year in 2011 by Ernst & Young. Taavi serves on the board of various ICT activities in Estonia and has been the brainpower behind innovative e-government initiatives like data embassies, country in the cloud and no-legacy policy. Taavi was voted European CIO of the Year in 2014 by ICTSpring.
19:30 – 20:00 – Registration, pre-event mixer with snacks and refreshments (beer)
20:00 – 20:40 – Talk by Taavi Kotka (“E-Residency: Do Business from Anywhere”)
20:40 – 21:00 – Q&A
21:00 – 21:30 – Mingle with attendees and organizers (snacks and refreshments provided)
- Where can I learn more about Estonian e-Residency?
Visit our website: e-Estonia.com
Also, check out these articles about e-Residency from Wired and Foreign Affairs.
- Can anyone apply for Estonian e-Residency?
Yes, it is possible for anyone to apply for Estonian e-Residency.
- What can I do as an e-Resident?
- Digitally sign documents and contracts
- Verify the authenticity of signed documents
- Encrypt and transmit documents securely
- Establish an Estonian company online within a day. At the moment a physical address in Estonia is required, which may be obtained using an external service provider.
- Administer the company from anywhere in the world.
- Conduct e-banking and remote money transfers.
- Access online payment service providers.
- Declare Estonian taxes online. E-Residency does not automatically establish tax residency. To learn about taxation and to avoid double taxation please consult a tax professional.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Should you have questions or comments about the event, please contact email@example.com.