This workshop provides angel investors with the framework and evaluation methodology to evaluate and invest in early-stage hardware startups.
Hardware startups, particularly in Deep Technology, is difficult to evaluate for angel investors as there are many facets and considerations such as technology development, costing and production, certification and regulations. This workshop provides angel investors with the framework and evaluation methodology to evaluate and invest in early-stage hardware startups.
- Evaluating Hardware Startups (Technology,Deveopment and Team)
- Investing in Hardware Startups (Funding, Returns and Exit)
- Panel Discussion
- Willy Koh (CEO, Racer): Contract Manufacturer
- Veera Samninathan (CEO, Sustainable Living Labs): Prototyping House
- Dustin Jefferson (CEO, Uhoo) : Hardware Startup in AIr Monitoring)
- Jane Wong (CEO, RocesoTech , Hardware Startup in Soft Robotics
- Representative from Enterprise Group Singapore.
A/Prof NEO Kok Beng is an award-winning educator, innovator and entrepreneur. Besides teaching design thinking, technology commercialisation and innovation in the National University of Singapore, he is also faculty of various innovation programmes in Harvard, Stanford and Tsinghua universities. Kok Beng received President’s Design Award, US Department o VA’s Innovation Initiative Award, and NUS Innovation and Enterprise Award. His portfolio of companies founded include wearable dialysis machines, information security, soft robotics, homeland security, food waste management and satellite design.