Hi folks! We’re thrilled to have another ReactJS Singapore meetup in May.
Scheduled Talks (UPDATED 18 April 2018)
1. How to Migrate an Existing Frontend to React
When React first appeared, Zendesk had multiple large, complex frontends built in different frameworks. Support was in Ember; Chat was in a home-grown framework called JXML. This talk is about the approaches we took to migrate these products to React, how it evolved over time, and the lessons we learnt along the way.
Speaker Bio: Aravind is a Senior engineer at Zendesk who works on (among other things) migrating Chat to a modern frontend ecosystem centred on React. Previously, he led engineering at a startup building apps for Web and Mobile using React and React Native.
2. ‘Async Rendering with React’ by Dominic Langenegger
3 ‘Using Json Schema With React’ by Aaron Gong
- 7.00pm: Doors open – mingle over food and drinks
- 7.20pm: Start of session, opening address by hosts
- 7.30pm: Start of scheduled talks
- 9:00pm: Community announcements / End of event
Information for Attendees
Remember to bring a photo ID to get through building security!