As a startup leader, you are likely heavily focused on your performance goals and next major milestones. It is easy to become so immersed in these metrics that you begin to neglect yourself and your leadership – and the consequences often sneak up on you.
The many amazing startup events around the world often neglect to teach founders this important fact: the faster your company grows, the faster you need to grow.
Hosted by Grab and organised by 500 Startups and Good Culture, the ‘Scale Your Leadership & Culture: 5 Mindsets for Exponential Growth & Wellbeing’ workshop is designed to equip you with the mindsets, strategies, and tools to scale yourself as an entrepreneurial leader.
So, why are we hosting a workshop about mindset development for startup leaders?
Because we know what it is like. When you first started your company, you were full of excitement as you envisioned being your own boss, creating massive impact, and leading others to excellence.
Then there comes a moment in your startup journey where you are no longer running your company, your company is running you. Every Sunday night as you experience time starvation and look at the week ahead, you face all the unknowns:
- Will this new product work?
- How do we maintain team and investor confidence?
- What if we fail? What does that say about me and my leadership?
- Where am I going to find the time to do this?
Even if you’re crushing it, you wonder how you can keep up these growth rates to ensure you don’t have a future down round. You may even reach a point where you are so obsessed with your monthly growth to achieve that next round of funding, you forget why you started the company in the first place.
We want to let you in on a little secret: you’re not alone. Every founder and startup leader on this planet has these experiences, because of two simple facts:
- Entrepreneurship is a daily rollercoaster ride of uncertainty and risk
- You are human
If you are not experiencing some of these challenges on the fast-paced journey of entrepreneurship, then you very likely will in the future as your startup continues to grow. Given these startup leadership realities, this workshop was designed to give you the tools to be part of the 10% of startup leaders who thrive in the world.
The workshop will be led by Justin Milano and Dr. Daniel Cordaro. In addition to the curriculum, you will have the opportunity to network with coveted entrepreneurial leaders and venture capitalists in Singapore to hear their perspectives on what you’re learning.
Moderated by Justin Milano himself, the workshop will end with a 60 minute panel discussion with Southeast Asian venture capitalists to get their feedback on founder wellbeing and the steps their portfolio is taking to address the issue.
Who Should Attend?
- Startup founders
- Team Leads, VP’s or Managers
- Employees on a management track
- Anyone interested in startups and entrepreneurship
Who are the facilitators?
Justin Milano – Justin is a serial entrepreneur, executive coach, and facilitator who uses a unique blend of business coaching and leadership psychology to help clients create breakthroughs and fulfill their maximum potential. Justin currently coaches and advises founders and CEOs at rapid-growth enterprises in the US, Asia, and Oceania.
Dr. Daniel Cordaro – For more than 10 years, Dr. Cordaro has been studying the human mind and emotions at academic institutions like Yale and UC Berkeley. Cordaro is also a sought after executive coach, as he was recently rated the #1 mentor at Silicon Valley’s XPRIZE conference, an event that brings together 200 of the world’s top leaders who are solving humanity’s greatest challenges.
- Assessment – Comprehensive self-assessment to uncover blind and bright spots in your leadership and performance.
- Workshop – A complete 2-Day workshop to develop the mindsets and skills of startup leaders who thrive.
- Panel & Networking – Attendance at panel with leading venture capitalists to discuss some of the most important topics on entrepreneurship, plus networking with to startup founders, investors, and Singapore press.
- Food & Drinks for both days provided by Grab.
What’s the Investment?
- SG$600 by June 1st
- SG$750 by July 1st
- SG900 by July 12th (the day the workshop begins)
Past Participant Net Promoter Scores
Past workshop participants have provided us the following feedback scores and testimonials:
- Net Promoter Score – avg. 9.5
- Content – avg 5.6 out of 6
- Facilitation – avg. 5.9 out of 6