Who is it for?
Being a startup is challenging. Throw being a social enterprise into the mix, and the challenge multiples! Sales, hiring, product marketing, budget, are just the tip of the ice berg of problems faced by founders and their team. At Social Morning, social enterprises who work out of DBS Asia X as part of the DBS Foundation program will be sharing their struggles and successes over breakfast. So if you are facing issues in your own startup, and would like to meet like-minded individuals on a mission to change the world, join us at Social Morning!
Who will be sharing?
- I’m Soul Inc: Music for healing for everyone
- Billion Bricks: Mobile shelter for the homeless
- Tware: Jackets for the autistic children
- 9:00 – 9:15 : Welcome
- 9:15 – 9:30 : Quick sharing session by Start Ups at DAX
- 9:30 – 9:45 : Ice breaker by Im Soul Inc
- 9:45 – 10:35 : Discussions Time! *Talking points listed below*
- Ice breaker by Im Soul Inc
- Experts sharing their insights on struggles faced by SEs (raiSE, DBS Foundation)
- Problems that social enterprises face: Scaling, Marketing Limitations, Pricing of Products
Social Morning is organised by DBS Asia X as part of our initiative to drive innovation in the ecosystem around us by bringing together ecosystem stakeholders who can build on each anothers’ strengths.
Partnering with raiSE
The Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise (raiSE) was set up to raise awareness on social entrepreneurship and raise support for social enterprises in Singapore. raiSE hopes to strengthen the social enterprise sector in Singapore and encourage the growth of social enterprises as a sustainable way to address social needs.